Google Channel Quick Start Guide
1) From the Home/Main screen click on 'Connect Google'
Connect your Google account to Codisto
2) Select your Google account to connect with (e.g. gmail account. You can create an account if you don't have one) and allow access.
3) Select your Google Merchant Center Account (GMC), set country, language, channel and currency.
If you don't have a GMC account, follow the link to create one and then return to Codisto
and refresh the connection screen.
4) Once your Google Merchant Center account is connected, you'll be presented with our ChannelCheck flow for Google. This will guide you through things that you will need in place for Google to accept your products into Google Merchant Center (GMC).
Google wants to ensure that products you are sending to Google Merchant Center (GMC) that will be used for Surfaces Across Google or for Product Listing Ads are available as described.
In order to do this, you need to verify you own the site you are saying the products are available at and confirm you have contact and policy information in place. It's important to make sure you have your tax and shipping set up correctly as Google will test items can be purchased on your website for the prices you describe when Codisto syncs your products with GMC. Finally a conversion tracking script needs to be deployed for any ads (Codisto can do that automatically).
Our ChannelCheck flow helps you navigate the requirements easily. It's possible to sync with GMC without having completed all the checks but it's likely Google will return errors (see below).
5) Publish your products to Google Merchant Center (GMC)
Once your products have been synced with GMC, you'll be able to take advantage of Google's free 'Surfaces Across Google' program.
PLEASE NOTE it can take 3 days for Google to verify your products AFTER they have been synced with GMC. Please be patient.
Once your products have been synced you'll see "Published" and you can start a Smart Shopping campaign which create Product Listing Ads.
6) Create Product Listing Ads via a Smart Shopping Campaign
Product Listing Ads (PLAs) appear at the top of Google assets so they are great for getting the attention of buyers and conversion. They look like this:
To create PLAs, Connect your Ads account (Codisto will automatically create one for you if you don't have one) then set an average daily budget that you'll pay Google directly for.
You'll be notified that the campaign was successfully launched. You can then opt to enhance your listings for better performance on Google via the listing mode screen and check the listing status.