What is Buy on Google?
Buy on Google (formerly purchases on Google) is an online marketplace found in Google shopping. Buy on Google allows customers to search, browse, compare, and purchase directly on Google without being redirected to a retailer's website. Buy on Google uses a universal shopping cart and saved customer payment information to provide an instant checkout experience from multiple online platforms.
With Google's recent announcement that they'll be removing commission fees for shopping listings, the Buy on Google marketplace is currently the only marketplace in the US that does not charge any fees to sell on their platform. This is great for sellers, enabling you to keep prices competitive and at parity with other sales channels while expanding your reach to a wider audience of shoppers.
Codisto supports Buy on Google enabling you to sync all Buy on Google orders & inventory updates with your ecommerce platform for fulfillment.
Another great benefit of Buy on Google is, unlike Amazon, your customer data belongs to you and can be accessed at any time, making omnichannel marketing, and customer retargeting much more achievable.
How does it work?
Wherever a buyer sees Google's shopping cart icon on a product across the Google shopping tab, Google shopping app, or Google search ads, they'll be able to easily place their order.
- Using search queries and filters, buyers can compare products, prices, and sellers.
- Compare online and local in-store offers to find the best deal
- Orders can be placed directly on Google or navigate to the retailer's website to complete the purchase. If checking out on Google, customers can save their account information for a smoother shopping experience.
- Buy on Google purchases are automatically protected by a Google Guarantee, for added confidence when making a purchase.
- Customers can easily start a return request from their orders page or can submit a request to Google
For more information on Google Shopping & Buy on Google.